The Arkansas market for app developers is attractive and expanding. Current Bureau of Labor statistics show there are 2,060 app developers working statewide, with these professionals earning an average annual salary of $80,260. The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services projects that each year between now and 2022 there will be an additional 50 app developer jobs added to the state’s workforce. Over a decade that would mean a total growth of 12 percent in the app development field.
Arkansas Names in App Development
The growth of companies who hire app developers in Arkansas has expanded rapidly in recent years, and as mobile devices become more widely used, market growth in this area is expected to remain robust.
The following are just some of the companies that hire app developers:
- Doc 4 – located in Rogers, this company specializes in graphics, web design, and app development
- Softwyre – based in Maumelle, Softwyre specializes in web marketing, design, and app development
- 3wiredesigns – based in Little Rock, specializing in interactive media, web design, and app development
- Field Agent – located in Fayetteville, a company that specializes in data collection via mobile devices
- Hospitals, universities, government, and defense contractors also hire Arkansas app developers to work on a wide array of projects
As indicated above, most app jobs are located in major population centers with the most recent figures showing:
- 950 app developers working in the greater Little Rock area
- 880 professionals working in the greater Fayetteville area
- 80 developers in the Fort Smith area
- 60 developers in the southern rural region of the state